Tokusatsu item search (powered by play-asia)

As an affiliate partner of play-asia.com, we encourage you to find the tokusatsu item you'd like. type on the search box below of the toku item you want to find in play-asia and hit "go."

Open letter/Challenge to Disney Stars

I had to open it up and will be there until the challenge is met/fulfilled.
You can read it here.

Update: Selena Gomez has already reached Japan as of Feb 2011, and Miley Cyrus has already reached the Philippines as of Jul 2011. Let's keep hoping for the others.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Why I have the "Best of both worlds"



Ever wondered why I liked two things at one time? There's a reason: the first Disney Channel show I was hooked to was Lizzie McGuire, and Hilary Duff became my first Disney celeb I liked. but during the time I liked Lizzie McGuire, another thing came to me thanks to the Internet- Super Sentai.

I ended up in supersentai.com in 2003 and then remembered the shows I used to watch as a kid like Bioman, Maskman (These two were famous in the Philippines where I used to live), Turboranger, Fiveman and Jetman, as well as a bit of Goggle Five. I also knew that other sentai that didn't air in the Philippines which are popular in other countries- mostly in Europe, Latin America and Asia- also existed, like Changeman, Flashman, Liveman, Ohranger, among countless others.

As such, at first I was only limited to sentai, then I opened my eyes to other Tokusatsu genres, like Kamen Rider, Metal Heroes, Henshin Heroes (the last one I saw in my country was Ryukendo), and Ultraman. also, my being a Hilary Duff fan expanded to other people when 2006 came, like Miley Cyrus, The High School Musical gang, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, and even new shows like The Suite Life series, Phil of the Future, Wizards of Waverly Place, Sonny with a Chance and Hannah Montana.

With this in my thoughts, I made Disney Channel and Super Sentai teamups in fanfiction.net (my pen name there is Arnold McGuire 335), even the folks in Henshin Justice unlimited (forums.henshinjustice.com) knew of my "Best of both worlds" mentality. from that point on, I met friends w/ similar favorites, one of these JediBmoney who's being my aibou (partner) for a long time since we met, and he brought me to points of the internet that lead me closer to those Disney celebs.

So, who said, I'm limited to just one thing? in fact, I like mecha anime, J-pop, local celebs in the Philippines like Shaina Magdayao (who looks a bit like Selena Gomez in some aspects, also she's my age since were both in 1989), and lots more.

So Indeed, I have the "Best of both worlds."

0 comments:

Post a Comment